Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Music not playing in HTML output

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a bug in Captivate 9. When you publish the elearning in HTML only, the background music won't play.

Also, the object audio on the first slide won't play either.

Any workaround for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of 9, there have been 3 versions. The most recent starts with 9.0.2.

How did you check? After publishing or in Preview? Which browser did you use? Chrome doesn't support AutoPlay anymore, which could explain what you tell. Did you publish to HTML or to SWF (hope not, Flash player dies soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it in HTML5 preview and after publishing. Guess it's the Chrome then. I published to HTML only. Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to use a static poster image and use the Play button. FOr HTML audio has to be loaded On Enter for each slide. It is recommended to avoid heavy audio clips on the first slide. Moreover you also need to load the background music on that first slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I added the BGM to the background. Adding a "play" page doesn't solve this particular issue tho. If i add the audio to the object and add this object to each slide, then on each slide the music would restart from the beginning. Guess we just have to leave with this issue due to Chrome not supporting auto-play.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were an issue with Auto-Play sound would not be working at all until the user interacted with the content in the browser in some way (e.g. a tap or click).

This might be related to some browsers not supporting more than a single audio clip playing at the same time on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources