Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background re-sizing problem

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem with a background image.

My captivate proyect it's supposed to be 1920 x 884, so that's my primary view size. My background image is also a JPG 1920 x 884.

In the background options I've the height at 100% and the width Automatic, so the image is always full in it's vertical size.

Everything seems ok in the captivate preview. But when I publish, in a 1920 monitor, the background it's ok; in a mobile device, the background it's ok. But in my notebook, 1366 x 768, it's not showing correctly.

I've tried vertical center, and still having the problem.

I know it's not the same ratio, but it's supposed the image should adjust automatically.

Can someone help me with this?

As you can see in the image, the background image is empty in relation with the magenta overlay, and the items are aligned correctly.

captura.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Auto means the ratio width/height will be respected, hence your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto means the ratio width/height will be respected, hence your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Is there any way to get the background to fill all the space? I've tried with a 1920 x 1000 image, and get to the same result.

That's why I supposed that something else should be wrong.

The Auto in the Height doesn't work either, cause it doesn't look good on mobile.

I need some kind of solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it doesn't matter that the background image is distorted a little bit (which is the case here I think), set both height and width to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, the problem with that is that I will "resolve" the problem in that particular device, but in mobile, you'll see it horrible.

What I've done is: I left the 100% in the height, and change the color of the background to be equal to my image, so in that specific device, the image doesn't look sooooo bad, and I get the desired crop in mostly all kind of devices.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources