• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backward movement in quiz slides

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two-part question about backwards movement in quizzes with Captivate 2019 (I'm using 11.0.0.243, if that helps):

Part 1) My client would like to allow backwards movement in quizzes, so I've checked that box in preferences and added the back button. However, if a learner clicks back, then the answer options and submit button in the previously answered question are locked. Infinite attempts is selected! So, the learner is then completely stranded: they can't re-answer the previously answered question or advance to the next. Any suggestions?

Part 2) If a learner answers a question correctly, they get a message that says "That answer is correct! Click anywhere to continue." However, if the learner clicks on the Back button, the screen advances to the next slide instead going back to the previous one. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

It would be useful to read at least one post in my sequence of posts about Qjizzes:

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning

When in the second step of the Submit process, each click on the quiz slide will complete the Submit process, even clicking the Back button.

You will read that this is indeed the design. With the normal set up it is NOT recommended to use the Back button, although you can allow Backwards movement.

Either you :

• Activate the option 'Submit All' where the learner can na

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful to read at least one post in my sequence of posts about Qjizzes:

Captivate's Quizzes (2): Submit Process - eLearning

When in the second step of the Submit process, each click on the quiz slide will complete the Submit process, even clicking the Back button.

You will read that this is indeed the design. With the normal set up it is NOT recommended to use the Back button, although you can allow Backwards movement.

Either you :

• Activate the option 'Submit All' where the learner can navigate freely amongst questions and will only have the results transmitted when clicking Submit All.  Drawback is that if learner or outside cause interrupts the course during the quiz, nothing will be reported until the attempt on quiz level is finsihed by Submit All button/
  • Or you can use Remediation, but since you don't talk about it, I suppose this is not what is wanted. In that case you need to allow Backwards movement, because learner would be sent to a content slide which may be situated before the quiz slide.
  • Or you need to create custom quiz slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I wish that allowing backwards movement didn't introduce so many complications and downright unexpected behavior. The quiz design could benefit from being a bit more flexible to account for different learning objectives, in my humble opinion. But you've clearly outlined the limitations of the program as it is, and I really appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources