• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Besides the * features that are not supported in HTML5, what other functionality will I loose if I publish a file for the web.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently taking a class at Full Sail university and I don't want to use Keynote because it doesn't have quiz or timing functionality.  My professor said I could create my demo in Captivate "if" I could publish it so that he could check out interactivity without needing Captivate.  Before I begin to create my learning module in Captivate, I want to know if the html5 version would retain the interactivity such as clicking to go forward and backward and such.  Additionally, I don't want to create the project in Keynote because, this will be a live project for my small business and creating it in Keynote will lead to double work, since I'll have to recreate it in Captivate again.  Time is too precious to waste even a day at this point.

David Johnson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Use 10, but keep to a non-responsive project since you are a newbie? You will have to upload the published project to a webserver and send the URL. LMS is only needed when you want to track a score to a quiz.

In a non-ressponsive project all interactivity is supported, for desktop/laptop even the rollovers that will be mentioned by the HTML tracker? You just have to avoid all SWF-based elements: SWF animations, Text anmations, Slide transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you use? WIll you create a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use 8 or 10.  Responsive preferably, but it doesn't have to be if I can publish it with out an LMS and have more functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 10, but keep to a non-responsive project since you are a newbie? You will have to upload the published project to a webserver and send the URL. LMS is only needed when you want to track a score to a quiz.

In a non-ressponsive project all interactivity is supported, for desktop/laptop even the rollovers that will be mentioned by the HTML tracker? You just have to avoid all SWF-based elements: SWF animations, Text anmations, Slide transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!!!  Thank you.  However I have used Captivate 6 and 8 and am now just coming back into the field after about 2-3 years off.  I started in 10 with this project but was unfamiliar with the new button features, so I switched back to 8.  I only created a couple slides real quick so I don't have much vested yet. I'll switch back to 10 and do a non responsive project so I can keep the features, good idea.  Again thank you Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 11 has been released today.... There a lot of added features in 10, which you really will appreciate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  I   w a s   j u s t   n o t i c i n g   t h a t a few minutes ago ,   h m m . ..       My 2nd draft is due today, maybe I should start again in 11.  Just finished creating my main master slide background in 10..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have some blog posts about Themes.... master slides are part of the theme. 

https://elearning.adobe.com/2016/12/exploring-themes-and-templates-in-captivate/

Next week, will already coach a training for new Fluid Boxes in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources