• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practices for publishing

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; with Chrome no longer running swf files, what is the best practice for publishing?  I've published both swf and html versions for my elearning projects, but have received my first complaint from someone who had Chrome as their default browser and got a blank black screen when they tried to open the link to my example.

What are the pros and cons of publishing html only?  Is there another better solution?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

With the demise of SWF, HTML5 is now pretty much your only option for publishing.  But you need to be aware that with HTML5 you need to deliver your content from a web server or LMS.  Any other way will often encounter issues with browser security preventing the content from working when users try to run it locally from their hard drive or a USB / CD-ROM.  It's really only meant to work over an internet connection.

So how did you deliver the content to this user that was unable to play it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the demise of SWF, HTML5 is now pretty much your only option for publishing.  But you need to be aware that with HTML5 you need to deliver your content from a web server or LMS.  Any other way will often encounter issues with browser security preventing the content from working when users try to run it locally from their hard drive or a USB / CD-ROM.  It's really only meant to work over an internet connection.

So how did you deliver the content to this user that was unable to play it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't yet.  I've thought to republish the example as html and then upload the new publish to my portfolio site.  But I've held back to see if there was a better solution.  Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources