Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank slide in published project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Captivate 11.5.0 and have created a software simulation which includes buttons for the users to interact with the project as if they are using the software themselves. It's quite a large project and I have published it as HTML5/ SWF. When I upload it to my company's staging website, and go to the website using Internet Explorer, a video clip slide within the project does not show. It is just blank and I have to refresh the page. I don't have this issue when I open the project from the folder on my PC, or when I open it using Google Chrome.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is any way to resolve it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are saying that your content looks fine when you access it from website using chrome but not from Internet explorer?

Can you try publishing your course to Prime and let me know how this works.

Thanks,

Charu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Prime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you published to both SWF and HTML5? Please do not do that anymore, try publsihing only to HTML5.

IE is the worst browser concerning HTML5 support. Did you try in another borwser?

You talk about a video clip slide. Is this an automatically created Full Motion Recording slide (FMR) during the recording of the simulation or did you insert an existing video clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I checked SWF and HTML5 when I was publishing it, I will only check HTML5 when I publish again.

I use Chrome and it works fine in that browser, but I don't really want to have to specify to everyone that they can only use Chrome to access it. If it is accessed by people outside the company (who want to see what the software is like), they would just access the staging site with their default browser (which could be IE) and that would not work.

The clip is FMR, I didn't insert an existing video clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FMR slides are originally SWF slides. For HTML5 output they are converted to MP4, but it is not the first time that I read issues with those slides. Personally, when I cannot avoid FMR slides, I will stop the recording and capture a cpvc slide  (which will always be output to mp4). Bit cumbersome, but never had the same issues you report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources