Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blurry pictures

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!! 

I am using content from a powerpoint presentaion. The picture that was included, I just saved and inserted it into captivate. However, it is coming out very blurry but it is not blurry in the powerpoint. Any suggestions??

Here's what it looks like....

2020-04-01_2118.png

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a good idea... Did you rescale the picture in Captivate. To me MS is famous about its bad handling of images. How did you 'recover' that image, and in which format? Bitmap images tend to be blurry when you rescale them. And using bitmap image to show text is neither a good idea.  Text and line graphics need a high resolution in all situations, contrary to photos and other graphics. You should use a vector image (SVG) or link to a pdf with that text. 

My apologies if you feel 'insulted'... this is basic knowledge about graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know much about graphics, but I am working on learning more. I am more of an expert in learning design. Unfortunatly alot of this is what the client wants and can't be changed for legal reasons. This image is from a powerpoint that the client gave me, which holds the content I am to use. I right clicked on this picture in the powerpoint and saved it to my computer to then insert into captivate. Looks fine in gimp 2 as well, but blurs when inserted into captivate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources