Highlighted

Blurry text in png

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 the version is less than 11.5 (Government contract dictates updates,so far none has been authorized).

I develop most of the graphics with Photoshop and export as a png.

some of these graphics have text in them. In Photoshop and viewing the pn g with a image viewe r the text looks fine and sharp. Import into captivate and published it looks blurry.

we are using responsive design, and images are the exact size as needed.

is there away to fix this?

TOPICS
Editing, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blurry text in png

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 the version is less than 11.5 (Government contract dictates updates,so far none has been authorized).

I develop most of the graphics with Photoshop and export as a png.

some of these graphics have text in them. In Photoshop and viewing the pn g with a image viewe r the text looks fine and sharp. Import into captivate and published it looks blurry.

we are using responsive design, and images are the exact size as needed.

is there away to fix this?

TOPICS
Editing, Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 25, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit confusing your question. You talk about 'responsive' design, which means that images are rescaled all the time. It seems logical that if you embed text in a bitmap image that this will result in blurriness. If you use real text in the Captivate project, this will not be the case. Or you can use SVGs, starting from a high resolution PNG, they will remain crisp when rescaled because they are vector-based.

The recommendation to use images only in the size you need them in a Captivate project is valid for a NON-responsive project which you publish with a fixed resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0