Highlighted

Book mark in the Table of Contents (TOC) Captivate 2017 or 2019

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we create a project and preview the TOC there is a flag icon with Slide Name beside it.  When you roll over that area it reads book mark.  I can't for the life of me remember how to book make something from the project or within the TOC.

Can someone explain.  I'm thinking that if you have a longer course and book mark a few of the slides then their names will appear by the flag at the top of the TOC.

Does that sound right?

I tried to post this from the Community page for Discussions from Captivate 2019 and got an error that it was in invalid request.

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Book mark in the Table of Contents (TOC) Captivate 2017 or 2019

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we create a project and preview the TOC there is a flag icon with Slide Name beside it.  When you roll over that area it reads book mark.  I can't for the life of me remember how to book make something from the project or within the TOC.

Can someone explain.  I'm thinking that if you have a longer course and book mark a few of the slides then their names will appear by the flag at the top of the TOC.

Does that sound right?

I tried to post this from the Community page for Discussions from Captivate 2019 and got an error that it was in invalid request.

Topics

Editing, Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little flag icon on the left side of the Slide Name in the TOC is just intended as a way for a learner to mark some slide or topic that they might want to come back to later in the module. It's just like the bookmark that you put into a physical book at a point where you want to come back later and read it again.

However, this should not be confused with the bookmarking that Captivate does as a function to enable a learner to start again at the same slide if they terminate the course module before completing it. 

Self-paced learning is bookmarking that is used when you are NOT using an LMS.  This is set up by selecting the Self-paced Learning checkbox in the TOC settings.

Resume Data Bookmarking is for courses delivered from and tracked by an LMS.  This is enabled (somewhat unintuitively) by making sure the Never Send Resume Data checkbox is NOT selected in the LMS Advanced settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group