• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Borders bug- Project stops working when borders are added

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a template for some work our company is doing. This is a one-slide presentation with several buttons. As soon as I add any borders (except, for who-knows-why, the right-hand border) to my project skin, all of the buttons stop functioning in my HTML5 output. They don't show a hover state and nothing happens when they are clicked. If I remove the borders and republish, everything starts working again.

I need the borders for this project; any ideas on how to fix this bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

I contacted Adobe and the issue turned ut to be some corrupt preferences that were not removed during the uninstall/reinstall. Al is working now

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet would be to log this as a bug. Visit the following page and select Adobe Captivate from the drop down and fill out with as much detail as necessary on the subsequent form.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- curious if anyone else has seen this before or knows a way around it. I did make a bug report, but I doubt any fix from that will come soon enough to finish my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try out your setup. If possible could you post some screenshots? Do you use shape button or normal buttons? Which action is triggered by those buttons? Do you have an advanced action On Enter for that first slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use shape button or normal buttons? These are all shape buttons.

Which action is triggered by those buttons? The Continue and Course Button  buttons go to the next slide. The three buttons in the upper right show and hide various elements (the TOC, a grouped element and a shape with text.)

Do you have an advanced action On Enter for that first slide? No.

As an aside, when I was taking the screenshots and put the borders back on, this time three buttons (Continue, Course and Resources) did work, but Help and Menu did not. I took away the borders and Help and Menu worked.

This is the slide (3 screenshots showing elements).

slide.png

elements.png

elements_2.png

These are the border settings that work.

works.png

These are the settings that do not work (only 2 borders on in this one but choosing any except right has the same effect.)

doesn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information:

I tested each border. As stated above, with no borders everything works. Everything also works if I have just the right or bottom border. With just the left border, everything works except the Resources and Menu buttons. With the top border, nothing works.

If I start a new project from scratch and copy over the items, they work until I add borders. Importing styles, preferences and themes doesn't affect this.

Changing the theme to a different theme or the skin to a different skin or the playbar to a different playbar doesn't help.

If I create a new project and paste in just the course button (which just has a "Go to the next slide" option) and do no other formatting, it works. if I add borders, it stops working.

If I create a brand-new shape button in the new project (after deleting the copied shape button), then add borders, it works. Import my preferences and styles and apply my theme, it still works. Copy over the course button from the problematic course and that button doesn't work but the original one does.

It's sounding like I may have to try recreating everything from scratch in a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And even more info-

The bug seems to be related to the border size. If I create a blank project, create a shape button that is 80 pixels tall, then add a border, if the border is above 50 pixels, the shape button hover state will only work if you hover over the very of the image bottom. If you increase the border size to 80, the button won't work at all. If you make the border tiny, like 5 pixels, the hover state works except at the very top edge of the button.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Captivate. This is a pain, but I need the borders to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue. I'm going to try calling Adobe tomorrow...wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to log this as a bug.  It's obvious the hit area of the button is being displaced by the border.   That should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did report it as a bug. However, I also need this to work, which filing a bug report will not do. There may be no way around it, but I don't know, in that case, why other people are not experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your original post it seems that all you are doing with these borders is creating a thick dark line around your project.

Is there any reason why you cannot just make your project size slightly bigger and have the dark border on the actual stage area rather than using borders?

Perhaps it's not what you WANTED to do, but if it works that way, why worry about using the skin border?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I can't (I would have if that was possible!) The project size is fixed because everyone else in my organization is using Storyline and that's the size they use and what our LMS has been set up for. This whole template is being designed to match our Storyline interface. If I shrink my screen real estate, my screen captures become even more difficult to make legible; it's already an issue with the small real estate I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the thick dark border is part of one of the graphics; the actual border is gray and 50 pixels wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and the issue turned ut to be some corrupt preferences that were not removed during the uninstall/reinstall. Al is working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe REALLY needs to make removal of Preferences a standard task that is part of the update process. They tell end users to do it as part of the update process but honestly it should NOT be necessary for the developer to do this when the software should be able to do it for them and remove the possibility of the old Preferences fouling up their new installation.  There is usually a checkbox as part of the update/reinstall process or the uninstall process, but that checkbox should be defaulted to ON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources