Highlighted

Bounding box for SVG

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Unless I am missing something i just realized that I can't crop the bounding box on an SVG like you can with a PNG.

It becomes a real bear when you have a lot of object on the canvas and their bounding boxes are overlapping.

Am I missing something?

Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bounding box for SVG

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Unless I am missing something i just realized that I can't crop the bounding box on an SVG like you can with a PNG.

It becomes a real bear when you have a lot of object on the canvas and their bounding boxes are overlapping.

Am I missing something?

Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the SVG? I use artboards on Illustrator and the bounding box will have the size of the artboard. You have to make that artboard as small as possible to surround the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i thought that was the case. that makes sense.

However I now have a new weird thing going on with that SVG. I am using that SVG as a play/pause toggle (thanks to your blog).I

I have it set to play for entire project. It works well but for some reason the button does not appear at the start of slide. it takes a fraction of a second to appear. The other buttons on slide are fine. They are overlayed on video in a non-responsive project.

Right now I am using a 2 sec. fade in on the button which is less than ideal.

Thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem you can have with shapes.... seem to take more time to load than bitmap images. I suppose you are on 11.5? I am still busy exploring in depth. Fade in has always been solution, but it should't be necessary to make it that long. Did you try with a shorter duration?

Overlappiing bounding boxes is less a problem since you can have the clickable area limited to the SVG instead of the bounding box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lily,

i thanked Ward earlier for his expertise and the same goes for you. Having the 2 of you here is really helpful for us newbies.

thank you again

Kurt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Visit my website and blog site, tons of tips....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group