Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branching efficiency

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on an eLearning with audio and no quizzing that will have three branches and wonder what is the most efficient way to get this done. I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 11.5.1.499. All three branches are identical for the first 5 slides. On slide 6, users will be able to choose one of three paths. Slides 7-65 will be different for each path, although some slides will be identical in all three paths (for example, slides 10-14 and 55-62 are identical). 

I have run into problems when copying slides among the paths because the slide notes copy over and when I edit them, I change the slide notes for the initial created path. When I have tried the approach of creating three separate projects and then bringing them together at the end, I have run into the error that I am trying to add a deleted object objType = 154. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Captivate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project such as this will require some thought on the logic of the branching, the use of some variables, and some custom navigation buttons that will use the variables to determine where to go next.

Here is a link to a post where I share some ideas on this topic that may be useful to you in sorting out your branching.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/03/branching-navigation/

I would recommend building everything in a single project and avoid copy/paste as much as you are able. As you have discovered - it can lead to unexpected issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and the link to the article. I hadn't thought about using variables and advanced actions, and can now see that they would be useful in setting up branching. I may need to reach out again as I get further along in establishing the logic. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not add slide notes until you have finished the setup of slides, just a tip.

Setting up custom navigation can let you avoid to duplicate slides.  You always have to be careful with copy/paste for slides, because each item needs a unique name. Of course you can work with three different projects, instead of one project with branching. That is not really clear to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilybiri. Yes, I definitely learned the hard way about not adding slide notes until slide set up is complete! I will be avoiding copy/paste for slides from now on as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources