• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branching

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the option to group multiple slides together for branching (right click and select group).  What are the steps on how to branch just using one slide or how to link one slide to a button?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  The link did not help.  I understand how to group the slides and name them in order to link them to a specific topic.  However, it’s not clear on how to link a single slide to a topic.  I attempted to name the slide but it still did not link it to the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing two totally different things. It may be a terminology problem.

Grouping slides is a great way to see the hierarchy of your project in the Filmstrip (where you can collapse and expand groups) and in the Table of Content to show the learner the main structure of the course.  That is all... has nothing to do with branching, unless you mean that navigation using the TOC is a way of branching.

Branching in a project means that you will navigate the learner to a slide (you cannot navigate to a group slides) to override the default linearity of the project. That can be done in several ways, here some examples:

• by using the Success event of an interactive object (button, click box, Text Entry Box...) to trigger the command 'Jump to Slide'. The jump can be forwards or backwards.
  • by using an advanced or shared action, based on information provided by the learner; typical example is a mulit-language course, where the choice of language will lead to navigation to that part of the course
  • by using the result of an assessment like a quiz or a Pretest to navigate to a specific part of the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation.  I will look into it more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a TOC and I would like the end-user to click on a topic and go through each module. What steps do I need to take to redirect the end-user back to the TOC once they are finished reviewing a particular module?  Some of the modules will only have one page.  When I followed the steps below for branching; once the module is reviewed the user is redirected back to TOC.   I would like to do the same for the modules that do not have multiple slides Is this possible?  Please point me in the right direction.  

Branching steps: 

1. Here are the steps to reproduce it yourself:
    Label your branching slide “branching”
  2. Create interactive objects with no action and label them for each intended section.
    • Optionally you can add visited states to these buttons if you want to show completion as I have done in this video
  3. Create a final interactive object for your quiz and label it “quiz” and make it not visible in output
  4. Group your slides into sections and label them precisely the same as your interactive objects from the branching slide, including the one for the quiz

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still struggling zith this?  It would be better to ask the author of those instructions to clarify, and more specifically to tell about the 'limitations' of that automatic branching solution which is available only in 11.5. It is fully documented in an example project which you find in the Asseets panel.

Just a comparision with a real life example.  Why do I never buy a ready-to-go desktop PC, but prefer to build it myself? Because the configuration and elements I request to be in the PC are not available in a ready-to-go system. Same limitatios for this automatic branching solution: you can not customize it to your wishes. One example in your case (there are more)  a group with one slide doesn't exist, so the soluion will not work

Have a look at this interactive movie, where I also have branching, some being to one slide:

Interactivity in Captivate

The branching in this movie was manual... like my desktop PCs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply put, this feature works with a very specific set of circumstances i.e. when you have a group of slides for each section of your course and you wish people to complete them before moving on to the final quiz. It's fantastic for those who don't want to write advanced actions to manage this process but if your situation is outside of those parameters you will need to employ a traditional approach that involves creating some variables to keep track of which section is complete and a conditional advanced action on your menu slide that looks at these values and determines if the quiz button should be displayed or not. My advice would be to take a course in variables or advanced actions to be more familiar with this more powerful set of features. Linkedin Learning has a new course that teaches Advanced Actions really well. Alternatively, you could hire someone to provide one-on-one instruction in this particular area of Adobe Captivate. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul -

Thank you.  I will review the Advance Actions on LinkedIn.  If that does not help, I will look into one-on-one instructions.

Thanks Again.

DeAnne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources