• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser zoom settings not working on published captivate projects.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After publishing and viewing a project created in Captivate 2019, I've noticed that the broswer's (Chrome) zoom controls (Ctrl +/-) do not work. However, when I maximize the browser or scale the browser from the side, the published Captivate project scales accordingly.  

This project was published in HTML5 only and Scalable HTML content was selected. 

Are the browsers zoom controls not able to work on a published file? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

MC

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Turn off Scalable HTML, republish, and then try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Scalable HTML, republish, and then try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Thanks for your response. Browswer Zoom does work when scalable HTML is turned off. 

Any idea why it can't be both ways? 

Personally, I would rather an interaction be scalable than be able to have Zoom control but why not both?

Thanks again Rod!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scalable HTML runs code that detects the size of the available screen real estate and then recalculates the display size of the Captivate content to match the available area and maximize either height or width (to preserve the aspect ratio).

The code simply isn't written to work what you want.  It's just working the way Adobe wanted. If you change the size of the browser window, the code immediately recalculates the sizing to again fill the screen.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible for some talented JavaScript code to modify the code to work the way you want.  There would be some trade offs, and your end users might like your outcome even less than the way it works now.  But feel free to try if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources