Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in Advanced actions update action

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 2019 version

I am experiencing issues with creating and updating advanced actions, This is a problem I have never encountered and I believe it may be a bug, When trying to create or update an advance action when update action is clicked the response box saying your script has been updated is appearing as usual, however, for the last hour each time I have made changes to an action after the update confirmation has been made I am getting a further save changes prompt if i save it says that the action name is already in use????, if i click don't save when I open the updated version all the script has been cleared. I have tried all the work around and fixes I can think of. This is really frustrating has anyone else experienced this. I am experienced with scripting an this is baffling me. Have deleted all the similar actions and created new ones but the problem persists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

I had a similar situation once, reason was that a name was used for two totally different items.... One was a decision name, the other a variable name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue can sometimes happen if it's been a long while since you cleared your cache folder. But you may be about to have bigger problems if your project has become corrupted.

Do a Save As of your project to create another copy with a slightly different name.

Then reopen the original project and make sure you can save it and close it as well.

Once both projects are safely saved and closed, clear the Project Cache using the Clear Cache button in Edit > Preferences.  (I am here assuming that you have not made the mistake of storing your CPTX project files in the same folder location as your Project Cache otherwise you will be losing your project entirely.)

If that does not resolve the issue, try resetting your Preferences.  If that doesn't work, there might perhaps be some corruption in the project.  Try copying the slides over to another shell project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar situation once, reason was that a name was used for two totally different items.... One was a decision name, the other a variable name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be the problem, I had named a button and a variable identically, interesting to know about this issue for future reference. thanks to everyone that reesponded to help.

Cheers

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not the only one. I have encountered same ignorance in many consultancy jobs. For everyone: please set up a labeling system which makes it almost impossible to reuse the same name!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources