• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug Report: Not being able to create links within slides

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several slides that include reference links to either other slides or external websites. The two buttons to create and delete those links somehow disappeared from my Properties menu. I restarted Captivate (2019) multiple times, hoping it was just a temporary bug, but the buttons are still missing. Did I accidentally change any settings that would prevent this to show? Here is an image of the properties menu, while I have the text highlighted that is currently linked to a website. I circled the area where I used to see the link and un-link buttons.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,

Stef

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

If restarting Captivate is not helping, there are two possibilities: either your project is corrupted, or Captivate's preferences are corrupted. Or the cache is getting too big? Last possiblitiy: Layouts are corrupted.

Did you try to clear the Preferences? Find the appropriate file in the folder 'utils' under the installation folder and run it while Captivate is closed. You need Admin rights.

BTW Bug reports have to ne logged using the proper form, this is just a user forum/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I would usually see (from a different project):

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If restarting Captivate is not helping, there are two possibilities: either your project is corrupted, or Captivate's preferences are corrupted. Or the cache is getting too big? Last possiblitiy: Layouts are corrupted.

Did you try to clear the Preferences? Find the appropriate file in the folder 'utils' under the installation folder and run it while Captivate is closed. You need Admin rights.

BTW Bug reports have to ne logged using the proper form, this is just a user forum/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was solved by leaning the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources