• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with Drag and Drop ? (Captivate 2019)

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivaters !...

I think I found a bug within the latest version of Captivate.

It concerns D&D and occurs when we want to drag and drop an object only one time (and we don't want the object to be moved a second time).

It works perfectly in older version but with the lastest one it seems that if we try a few times to drag the object we can actually drag it. And it's very problematic when we link an action with the dragging (increment a variable for example).

I found this bug trying to do this. And I looked for a solution for long hours... But as I knew I did this successfully before, I try to replicate this without any success. And when I want to change the version of the old working project (2017 version) to the latest 2019, the bug was there again !...

So I think it's due to the Captivate version... ?

I hope the Captivate Team will make it work again soon !...

😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce this error in 11.5.1.499. If I keep 'Redrag the dropped source' unticked, the drag sourse stays put on the drop target once dropped there. No way to move it at all, no matter how ofter I try. You sure the slide is not corrupt? Have you tried to build a new D&D interaction on a new slide from scratch? Does it happen again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes !... It's when I started a new project yesterday that I realized that we can drag an object even if we ask it not to !...

Try again to drag your object many times (even if the cursor is not like a hand), change the place where you click on the object, and you will find a way to redrag it.

I think I will have to demonstrate this in the e-learning community as we can't join project here...

Anyway thanks for your answer !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, tried about a hundred times in Chrome on various spots spread all over the drag source. Doesn't move a pixel.

I tried with a very simple and generic sample D&D interaction, basically just consisting of one drag source and one drop target, leaving everything on the default settings. Maybe it takes some specific combination of settings and layout for this error to occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you set up the Object Actions/Accept Drag Sources dialog box? Cannot reproduce the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks (and sorry) for your time !... I just post a blog in the elearning community with both of the projects, so every one could see what I mean... I will come back here to give you the link of the post when it will be published...

@ Gaanf : Even if it requires a specific combination, it works perfectly in 2017, and not any more in 2019, without changing anything !...

@ Lilybiri : It triggers an advanced action (With increment or decrement variables)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood about the actions, was more curious about the acceptance of drag sources. Did you leave 'All' checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes !... ("Tout accepter" is checked, as I have multiple drag objects)

And this is the old project I made with Capt 2017 to give you an idea :

http://soutien67.fr/math/activites/euros/Euros_Th_02/index.html

Everything is ok...

But when I registred this same project with 2019, I now could drag the drag objects even after putting them in the dropped target (as you will see when my post will be published in the E-learning Community).

A bug so ???...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck 'Tout accepter'. You can still have all drag sources selected under that option. And give in how many drag sources you allow on the drop target...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't change anything... Could still drag it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but just to be sure - you have what is called 'Redrag the dropped source' in the English version unchecked for the drag source, haven't you?

DandD.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course !... I even tried to limit the numbers of tries to 1...  And it's still buggy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that it was ok with the old version... And not any more without changing anything ,except the version...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had issues with other functions that break if they were created with an older version and then you save them under a newer version. If I created it from scratch with the new version - it was fine. Only when updating an older file did I have issues. I know of no way around that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg !... The problem is that I discovered this while I was working on a new project !... And confirm it with the old one...

I will have to make new tries and come back here... soon !... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake ???...

I can't reproduce the bug !!!... So I'm very confused... I must have done something wrong somewhere... but where ?...

To be continued !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's me again !...

In fact, I just managed to reproduce the bug !!!... It's when the drag object is a png image (mine has transparency don't know if it's important ?...)

So the bug is here ???...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources