Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button-jump to slides not working

New Here ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have created a content menu for my project. Created several buttons on the same slide. Only the first one works - which links to the next page. The rest of the buttons don't link to the slides though I have set it to "jump to slide - 5 slide 5".

Please advise. Thanks!!
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cherry_t,

Could you possibly post upload the source Captivate file somewhere so that one of us could take a look at it. This might be a timing issue but I would really need to see the cp file before I could confirm that.

Regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cherry_t and welcome to our community

I've seen this behavior before. In the case I saw, the user had inserted question slides that were placed between where the jump was supposed to go and the slide they were on at the time they clicked the menu item. You may wonder what this would have to do with impeding progress. Well, it's not so much the fact you have Question slides, but if my hunch is correct, you also have enabled a setting for quizzing that says each question MUST be answered before the project can continue.

So take a look at the following setting: Project > Quiz Manager... > Quiz Settings tab and look at the second field labeled: Required. My guess is that it may say "Required - the user must take the quiz to continue".

Cheers and happy Friday! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2007 May 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and Rick,
Thanks for your quick replies. Yes! I have set my quizzes to "answer all - the user must answer every question to continue". It makes sense!

Is there a way to get around it?

Thanks!! *Happy monday!* 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue in a slide where I have used more than one button. In other slides I have been able to successfully use the "jump to slide" action on a button, but as soon as there are multiple buttons on a slide, the "jump to slide" action does not want to work. I have tried alot of work arounds to no avail, like: creating an advanced action to do the same thing, inserting a click box with a "jump to slide" action, copying a "jump to slide" button that works, and playing around with the timing. None of which has worked for me.

Please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are some of these buttons jumping to slides that might break another rule you've imposed on your course navigation?

For example, are they jumping to earlier slides but you have Backward Movement turned off in Quiz Settings?

Are there quiz questions on slides between the slide you jump from and the destination slide your button should jump to, but you have Quiz > Settings > Required option set to require all quiz questions are answered?

These can all cause buttons to appear non functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

I have no Quiz included in my project, I do however have two software simulations included in my project. Could this be causing my problems?

Kind regards,

Candice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  If there are interactive objects in that simulation that are set to report to the Quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look out for something like this, but I there are no interactive objects that I am aware of in either of the software simulations and no Quiz.

Perhaps there may be a link to an object I am unaware of.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may be having the same issue.  When I preview the project, I have a button that is suppose to take the person to slide 47, but in preview, when the button is pressed, the project jumps to the next slide (slide 7), which is the next page.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources