• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button on a slide with a widget stops working the user interacts with the widget

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with a project.

I have a slide with a widget on it (an Accordion). I also have two transparent buttons on the slide to allow the user to go to the previous and next slide using keyboard shortcuts. Problem is: the buttons work when the user first lands on the slide with the widget, but they stop working once the user has clicked on some of the widget´s interactions. I want the buttons to continue working. How do I do that?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the widget it taking the keyboard focus.

Can you try clicking on the slide, but outside of the accordian widget? If, after clicking, your buttons work, then that is probably the case.

If that is the case try to add this javascript code to your actions: window.parent.focus(). That should come after the user has completed whatever interaction you have for the accordian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ChrisMayAtDelta, but that´s not the case. I tried clicking on the slide outside the widget and the button is still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... the widget could be "covering" the whole screen, even if it looks like it is only on part of it. Are you publishing to HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right ChrisMayatDelta,. it was covering the whole screen. If I click outside of the widget, the buttons wok. I am new to Captivate and I don´t know how to add javascript code to actions. I have never worked with advanced actions. Can you recommend a tutorial/feed or give me some pointers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Accordion is a static interaction, which measn it is not pausing the timeline. Hence the need for at least one button It is a mystery to me why you don't use a shape button which can be put on master slides (always on top) or timed for the rest of the project, also on top? There is no need for JS nor for an advanced action at all.

My blog has lot of use cases for advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources