• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button States Not Changing in HTML5

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a branching slide using the branching groups and labelling method. I have created custom button states for each button so when the user returns to the main branching slide they can see what has been completed and what hasn't. 

When I test these states in captivate everything works as anticipated. When I try to preview my project in HTML5 the buttons work and the branching is functional, however the button states do not change so you cannot tell which slide you've visited.

I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this with no success. Anyone know of this issue or any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

11.5.1.499 or later supports the use of bitmap images as buttons, same with SVGs. That is a feature which is ONLY avaialble for HTML5 output. Personally I never I prefer using shapes filled with bitmap images because they can be saved in an object style. Here is an article with a complete comparison of all button types.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Can you show the Object State panel? Did you check the 'Retain State when revisiting slide' option?

Here is another blog about s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an old version of Captivate? Why use a Custom state instead of the Visited InBuilt state? Did you activate the option 'Retain state when revisiting the slide'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the most recent version of captivate. I should say that I'm utilizing the InBuilt Visited, Rollover, & Down states. I just changed the look of them.

I have used photos (JPEG) in the states and then altered the look of the photo for each state. Does HTML5 just not support image changes like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.5.1.499 or later supports the use of bitmap images as buttons, same with SVGs. That is a feature which is ONLY avaialble for HTML5 output. Personally I never I prefer using shapes filled with bitmap images because they can be saved in an object style. Here is an article with a complete comparison of all button types.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/overvew-6-button-types

Can you show the Object State panel? Did you check the 'Retain State when revisiting slide' option?

Here is another blog about states:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/about-state-commands-and-a-progress-bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have the "Retain State..." option selected. That did show at least the visited state. Rollover still doesn't seem to work, but I can get by as long as the Visited state works. I'll take a look at those blogs.

Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was my suspicion, and reason why I repeated that same question in bold and underlined.

Still didn't see the Object State panel. Doiuble-checked, Rollover state is working for also on bitmap images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources