Highlighted

Button that is not on the timeline showing when previewing project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in Captivate 2017. when I  preview the project, I see a submit button in the middle of the screen,     I went back and looked at this slide, I do not see this button anywhere on the timeline and this does not show up when I play the slide.  This Button appears to be hidden somehow.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Button that is not on the timeline showing when previewing project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in Captivate 2017. when I  preview the project, I see a submit button in the middle of the screen,     I went back and looked at this slide, I do not see this button anywhere on the timeline and this does not show up when I play the slide.  This Button appears to be hidden somehow.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play slide is not a preview method, just meant to be used for synchronizing.

I did see this mentioned a couple of times in the forum. Is this a responsive or a non)responsive project? Which theme do you use? Is that theme an original CP2017 theme, packaged with Captivate, or is it an updated or a custom theme?

Can you check the previous slides if there is not a shape button timed for the rest of the project? It should be visible on all slides in that case. Can you also check the used master slide, reset the master slie?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is a non- responsive project using a custom Theme.  The button is only visible on the one slide.  None of the things you suggested removed the button. 

I had spoke to one of my co-workers,and he told me that the same thing had happened to him.  The workaround that we used was to copy another slide that did not have the submit button on it, clear the elements of that slide and then transferred the elements from the slide with the submit button to the clean slide.

Thanks again for your time. 

Rich

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a strange phenomeon, never experienced it personally. That is indeed a solution, but was not sure that it was only on one slide. Do not forget to clear the cache regularly, and check for updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually seen this happen on rare occasions. 

It seemed to be due to someone having inserted a Text Entry Box on the slide and then deleting the field box in some way that did not end up deleting the Submit button that came with it.  The button then remained visible even though the layer for the TEB itself was no longer available. 

As I said, it's a rare issue, but I have seen it happen, and deleting the slide was the only way to get rid of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group