Highlighted

Button-Triggered Audio not working in Cornerstone LMS

New Here ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having an issue after publishing a course in Captivate 2017.  I have several buttons utilizing advanced actions to trigger image and audio changes.  When I preview the course or publish the course and view on my computer, the course works as designed.  When I upload the course to the LMS, the audio triggered by the buttons does not play but the image changes do function correctly.  Any ideas on what could be causing the audio to not work?

I have published in both SWF and HTML5 and both publishing methods work the same on the LMS.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Button-Triggered Audio not working in Cornerstone LMS

New Here ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am having an issue after publishing a course in Captivate 2017.  I have several buttons utilizing advanced actions to trigger image and audio changes.  When I preview the course or publish the course and view on my computer, the course works as designed.  When I upload the course to the LMS, the audio triggered by the buttons does not play but the image changes do function correctly.  Any ideas on what could be causing the audio to not work?

I have published in both SWF and HTML5 and both publishing methods work the same on the LMS.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to upload the published course to SCORM Cloud as a test, to be sure the problem is with Captivate, not with the LMS?

Which version do you use? Is this a responsive or a non-responsive project? If it is a non-responsive project did you publish to SWF or to HTML?

Can ou check the Preferences, Project, Publish Settings to make sure that 'Include Audio' is checked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely an LMS issue and is a non-responsive project.  The published Scorm 1.2 file works fine once published and extracted onto my computer hard drive.  The audio attached to a slide was working correctly.  The only audio that was not functioning correctly was attached to advanced actions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test on SCORM Cloud, please? If it is a LMS issue, you'll have to contact the people from the LMS.

Testing locally is never a perfect testing way. It has to be uploaded to a LMS, hence my question about SCORM Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue ended up being part of the Chrome build.  The 5/10/18 patch 66.0.3359.170 fixed the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group