Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button with score being marked as incorrect

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

At the end of my online learning, as per advice on this forum, I have create a 'complete' button that is included in the quiz, with a score of '1' attached to it.

To be marked as complete, the learner has to score one point (clicking the complete button).

The issue I've faced in multiple pieces of eLearning is that the user is marked as 'incorrect' on clicking the button, and they don't get the score of '1' - so the eLearning isn't marked as complete.

To get past this issue I created a two buttons with scores attached.

The user has to click a 'confirmation of understanding' button on one page with a score of 1 and a 'complete' button the next page with a score of 1 - that way at least one of the buttons would register as correct and the user would get at least one point. In other pieces of eLearning this has worked fine, even if it's a little sketchy.

Now it's causing me trouble - multiple users are being marked as incorrect for both of the buttons (see below detailed SCORM report). They then have to reopen the eLearning and click the complete button again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some ideas: test by adding a score slide with Quiz, Preferences.

Is the Complete button on the final slide? If yes, add an End-slide (congratulations etc) to be sure that the score is transferred for slow systems.

Some LMS's don't like points set as required score, did you try 100% percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.

I added a 'show score' slide and found (in the few times that I re completed the eLearning) that one of the buttons at least would be marked as incorrect - see below.

Capture.PNG

There is a button on the second last slide with a score of 1, and on the very last slide also. They both seem to be transferring, but they're being marked as 'incorrect'.

Unfortunately the eLearning has mini scenario branching throughout it, so I don't think that 100% would work.

Super strange. If there are any other thoughts that you have would love to hear them

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mention branching, did you activate 'Branch Aware' in Quiz Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branch aware has now been ticked - but the error is still occurring.

Not too sure what to do about this from here - is there another way to mark a piece of online learning as complete without relying on the button / quiz, that also takes in to account that the user wouldn't be visiting all pages? Any examples or thoughts would be awesome.

I could put a quiz question at the end, but it really wouldn't 'fit in' to the module as it stands.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your Quiz > Reporting and Quiz > Settings screens so that we can see how Completion and Success are currently being awarded. 

I also agree with Lieve that using Percentage rather than Points is safer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod - see images below.

I agree that percentage would be better - but I'm unsure how to approach that when there is branching involved - some users might view 3 pages in a branching scenario where others might view 5, so it's hard to nail it. We also can't risk someone being marked as 'complete' when they may not have pressed the 'confirmation of understanding' button. This would put us at risk.

How else would one handle a situation where:

• 'Formal' quiz questions are not included within the content / don't make sense to include within content, therefore can't be included in completion criteria
  • There is branching involved
  • You cannot use buttons with points attached to mark completion

It's a pretty specific issue, but I'd imagine someone has faced something similar?

Any help would be much appreciated.

conflict-1-1102.PNG

conflict-2-1102.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not Rod, he seems to be very busy.

Did you trun on Branch aware?  It will work on score in points as well as in percentage. The percentage cpInfoPercentage is calculated from two other variables cpQuizInfoPointsscored and cpQuizIngoTotalQuizPoints.

Maybe donwload the table from:

Using Quizzing System Variables - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try to run it on branch aware - but it continued to mark the clicking of the scored buttons as 'incorrect', and didn't mark the course as complete.

Really strange.

It might be worth asking my LMS is they think it has anything to do with them, but 'incorrect' appears to show in the score slide that appears as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources