• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons inside of a Master Slide not working

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked this question last week and now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Anyways, I created a template for one of my programs as a Blank Master Slide that I will be using for every slide of the program. I used smart shapes as buttons and set up the rollover and down states as well. However when I exit the Master Slide view these buttons don't appear to be working. Is there any sort of trick to make master slide button work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

You probably are using CP2017 and forgot to install the patch released a while ago. Check the version number, recent version is 10.0.1.285.

BTW editing a blank master slide is changing a theme, not a template. Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Moreove be careful with editing the Blank master slide which needs to remain blank for PPT import and for software sims.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just started to break this down, piece by piece and it works if I have no more than 3 buttons on the Master Slide. Previously I had 5 buttons on the Master. If I add buttons 4 and 5 to the slide outside of the Master Slide view it works. So I guess my question is are there restrictions to what you can add to the Master Slide or a number of buttons? But now I am having rollover issues from the Master Slide .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably are using CP2017 and forgot to install the patch released a while ago. Check the version number, recent version is 10.0.1.285.

BTW editing a blank master slide is changing a theme, not a template. Have a look at:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Moreove be careful with editing the Blank master slide which needs to remain blank for PPT import and for software sims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I am on 10.0.0.192. Thank you as well for the blog post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a bug in your release, fixed with the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources