Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons jumping around in down state on hot spot slides

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 11.5.4.613

I've created a quiz that contains three hot spot slides.  In the published output—and only on hte hot spot slides—all of the buttons are jumping around in the down state.  The submit button jumps down (almost off the screen) and to the right. During the quiz review, both of the built-in review mode navigation buttons do the same, they move quite drastically in the down state.  

I've tried removing the down state from these buttons altogether, it makes no difference.  Has anyone else run into this?  My next step would be to remove these buttons entirely and manually program smart shapes as buttons, just to see if it makes a difference. However while it's pretty easy to manually recreate the review mode buttons, is it even possible to replace the submit button? If so, what is the action required to have a smart shape button submit a slide?

My output is here: https://media.openschool.bc.ca/osbcmedia/public/foodmicro/captivate/Quiz_lessonA_copy/index.html

And I've attached a copy of the cptx.  Any help with this would be

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an error trying to upload the cptx... hopefull this one attaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on a Mac? It is not the most recent version you are using.

Difficult to answer since I am a Windows user.

However I want to answer one question: you can NOT replace the Submit button, which is an embedded object by a Shape button. Only transparent, text and image buttons are allowed, the three 'old' types. You can edit them as much as you want, but a shape button isi impossible.

Try first to update to the most recent version and check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lilybiri.  Yes, I'm on a Mac...  For some reason I'm not able to upload my cptx file.
I'll try and update to the latest vversion before going much further.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to version 11.5.5.676

No changes, the buttons still jump erratically on those hot spot slides. Every other slide is fine.

I tried changing the buttons to image buttons, text buttons, etc.  It makes no difference - the hot spot slides are completely unusable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry bu told you I am a win user. This seems not to be a responsive project, and you have already checked the states for these buttons (also on the master slide?).

Personally I never use the hotspot default question but create a custom hotspot question using SVGs. There are a couple of reasons: SVGs can have any form and you can limit the clickable area, moreover you can add scores to each SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri.  I'll talk with the client to see how they want to proceed.  I'll also submit a bug report to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, by pure chance I discovered that the buttons on hot spot slides (both the submit button and the review mode navigation buttons) cannot have any states except "normal"...

I removed the default "down" state and the problem persisted.  Then, in a last desperate attempt, I also removed the "hover" state and now the buttons function normally.  They can only have a normal state, nothing else.  

I've reported the bug to Adobe.

Thanks again for your help, Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is weird... but I told that I never use that type of question. Will try to figure out if it is the same on Windows. Normally all buttons on quiz slides use the same Quizzing Button style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources