Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculate Multiple Times

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've made an Advance Action that lets the user enter a variable and then calculate it. It works and my conditional statements work as well. The issue is that Advance Action only works once. I want it to be able to work multiple times on just the one slide visit. I have it set for Infinite Attempts in the properties panel. So, idk what is going wrong.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Create your own button and apply the advance action to it. Deselect Show Button for the TEB

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need more details. Infinite Attempts for what? Which event is triggering the advanced action? Can I see a screenshot of the advanced action (use the Preview  button please)? Which version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.35.59 AM.png

Clicking the "Find Out" button causes the Advanced Action to Execute.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.36.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.36.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.36.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.37.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.37.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of 9, there have been 3 versions. Verify that you are using 9.0.2.

Apparently you don't know the Preview button: it is the first button in the top right control panel, looks like an arrow. It allows you to see the complete conditional advanced action, instead of those partial screenshots which are very tough to see the whole pciture.

This is  a Text Entry Box, is it validated or not?  Check in the Style tab.

How do you reset the TEB? If htat is what you want to do, getting back to the active part of the TEB is not possible anymore  by micronavigation(used to be in older versions)?. Once the TEB has gotten a value (which is probably stored in the user variable PalletWeight) you are in the inactive paert of its timeline, you need to reset it. Unless it is validated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.06.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.07.34 AM.png

Thanks for letting me know about that! This is a much easier way to read it.

This is what I currently have in the Style selections.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.08.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't sure if you needed to see the More Options sections or not.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.16.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your own button and apply the advance action to it. Deselect Show Button for the TEB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Infinte attempts are the best choice if you validate (sorry was away for a while). If it is not validated I would not use a TEB muself but a Scrolling Text interaction with a custo mbutton, or as TLCMediaDesign tells use a custom button with a conditional action. TEB was great in the past for this use case, but not now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is that a Success Action/Event can only fire once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can override that, was easy in SWF output (moving playhead Back a couple of times, now I use Repla Slide action for this. That is what I call Resetting the TEB. It is bit confusing terminology: Success action should bget another name when the TEB is not validated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information would be helpful:

Is the value being entered in a text entry box (TEB)?

How is the AA triggered?

Please include a screenshot of the AA so we can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources