• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculate No. of attempts

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a quiz and have 3 (max) attempts to clear the quiz. However, when the end user takes the quiz and closes the browser in between, it counts as first attempt. it is only when the user submits the quiz and fails the counter moves to 2. So, is there a way or script in captivate where I can  count and restricts them even when a user closes the browser or toggles between pages while attempting the quiz. Since the quiz starts from the point where the user had left/closed the browser and the timer starts from begining.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...

Cannot say that I have ever tried doing this at the Captivate level.

I have, however, configured this behavior on my LMS side by basically indicating that an attempt is based upon closing the window. Pass/fail - done or not - if the browser is closed the attempt is logged and they are either successful or not. I also have a 24 hour time limit before being allowed to retake it so if they open it just to look ... oops... gotta wait now. That said - I make it very clear before they launch an exam that this is the case.

Do you know if your LMS has the capability you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. We are using Sucessfactor as our LMS. Any idea how to configure on this platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I do not have any working knowledge of Successfactor.

I would suspect that if it is possible on that platform, that the settings related to that would be found under the upload of new content or setting up a new course, assignment, or quiz, depending on how the system works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources