• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculation of variable values

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! For some reason in Captivate, the values of variables obtained as a result of passing interactions are not calculated. How do i solve this problem

а=a+Jpdy_FScore1 in Advanced Action.

However, for some reason, the initial value of the variable is assigned, and not the root value.

How to fix this error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Dear Colleagues. In order to solve this problem, do the following.

In the project settings, remove the jackdaws setting the navigation of the project. Project navigation is carried out exclusively using the buttons of interactivity.

Assign advanced actions to the inactivity buttons: calculating a variable and moving to the next slide. On each slide, print the value of the $$ var $$ variable. And on the final slide, the same. All problem solved.

Sincerely, Osipov Mikhail Yuryevich

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more details., Can you tell how the variables have been populated?  How and when is that advanced action (would have liked to see a screenshot of the Preview of the action) triggered, by which event? Which events triggers the assign of values to the variables and when are these events occuring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Слайд 1.jpgСлайд 2.jpgСлайд 3.jpg

I need to get the total value of the result obtained during the passage of these learning interactions, and as a result gives 0

How to fix this error

The script is executed when the slide is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a language problem (also from your answers on other threads).  You don't give me the answers I expected.

Slides are never closed. Are you talking about the On Exit event of a slide (which is never to be trusted)?

I see screenshots of advanced actions which have no name??? When are they triggered.

Maybe someone else will understand. Just know that the Expression command is working perfectly in Advaced actions. They call me the 'Queen of Advanced Actions', just FYI to show that I am not a newbie.

When you post answers to other threads, please take the time to read those threads. It is just a waste of time if you are repeating asnwers which have been given by other users in that same thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is clear. Because, in your interactivity, the US dollar is always worth And for some reason it does not switch to readable value. That's the whole problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which language are you talking?  Will step away, I'm just losing time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you despise your clients from other countries who do not speak perfect English.

You should not work in the ADOBE international corporation /

If I were on the site of the head of the Adobe corporation, I would definitely dismiss you and forbid you to respond to people on the forums, because you do not help your clients, but neglect them.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just a user, NOT WORKING for Adobe.

It is me who felt being laughed at by your answers, you never answered my questions. Even asked you which language you talk, because I do help users in French and Dutch as well. Another unanswered question.

I tried to help you, my native tongue is NOT English. But what do you mean by sentences like '...he US dollar is always worth ….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be careful with your wording Mikhail. If your responses on this forum are deemed abusive, a complaint will be lodged and you will not be welcome on this forum.  We can clearly see that English is not your native language, but that does not excuse your behaviour.

We willingly accept people here who do not speak English as their native language.  Lilybiri herself is not a native English speaker. But as she has pointed out, she also DOES NOT work for Adobe.  Only users here that show the STAFF emblem beneath their name actually work for Adobe.  The rest of us are just users like yourself who try to help each other.  As we are NOT paid employees, there is certainly no requirement to tolerate insults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if I offended you, but I need to solve the problem of counting variables after passing interactions, and sending other people the same is not good.

Sorry if I offended someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can read and understand Russian as well....

Look at:

Tips - Learning Interactions - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I need to record the results of performing interactions in a file or database so that they can be reproduced on the last slide.

How to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find a Captivate expert in your language.   I was so stupid (after one of the worst insults I ever got)  to send you to blog post which explains everything you need:

• free table with all Interactions
  • Difference between interactive and static interaction
  • how to create a variable for the games and other interactions
  • how to add a score to an interactive interaction, which can be added to quiz total
  • that the score for those interactions have the same functionality as for any interactive object, but have NO link with the result in a game at all.

I'm sorry but will not try to help you in the future, as I told before, it is just a waste of time due to  a too limited mastery of the English language and you never answered my question about which language would be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Colleagues. In order to solve this problem, do the following.

In the project settings, remove the jackdaws setting the navigation of the project. Project navigation is carried out exclusively using the buttons of interactivity.

Assign advanced actions to the inactivity buttons: calculating a variable and moving to the next slide. On each slide, print the value of the $$ var $$ variable. And on the final slide, the same. All problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is as follows. The total values of the variables are not calculated.

I need to summarize the value of the points obtained as a result of passing the training interactions JEOPARDI and Millionaire. I need to get the amount of points that the student scored on these games.

And this amount is not calculated for some reason.

How to solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources