• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a captivate file be in different languages?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to translate the same file into different languages at the same time. I am exporting the file from: File > Export > Project Captions and Closed Captions... then I was able to translate it to another language and upload it back in: File > Import > Project Captions and Closed Captions... BUT my whole project just turned into the new language and I am wondering if I just have to create a different file for each language??? Thank you so much for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Indeed. If the file will not be too big, you could use Copy/Paste slides to have all in one file and then create a branching slide to navigate to the appropriate language part. Or you can create a main project, linking to all the language files. It depends on the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have localised lot of tutorials. This is my workflow:

• Save the original file in the first language.
  • Use Save as, to save again but with a different name/
  • Export captions
  • It is important to keep the names for both Word document and cptx-file.
  • Import the captions and save the duplicate file, which will now indeed have all in the second language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri Thank you so much for your reply. So, there would be a file per language? Not all together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. If the file will not be too big, you could use Copy/Paste slides to have all in one file and then create a branching slide to navigate to the appropriate language part. Or you can create a main project, linking to all the language files. It depends on the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This is the answer I needed. Have a lovely day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources