• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a link in a CP 2019 non-LMS module open another module at a specific slide?

Participant ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a course with CP 2019 that will have 4 modules, each a separate CP file. The published output will be HTML5, non-responsive, and will be accessed from a Chrome web page (rather than an LMS). I'm going to put links in some of the modules that open other modules in the course. Is there a way to create a link that can open a module in a separate window/tab and jump to a particular slide or section in that module?

I learned that I can put a search parameter on the end of the calling link (e.g something like index.html?slide=10) and then have Javascript functions built into the other modules that check the incoming link for such data and act on it. I don't have any more information about how to set that up. Can anyone point me to or explain how to do this, or suggest a different method?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution is presented here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/is-it-possible-to-link-a-specific-slide-in-a-project-from-a...

Pretty old thread, but I think it should still work with recent Captivate versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks good. I'll give it a try in the next few days. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources