Highlighted

Can an FMR continue playing where it left off on the next slide?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a FMR playing on a slide then when a button is pressed have the video continue playing where it was but add an image over top?

I am creating a software simulator for call center software and it shows how long the agent has been on a call. I want to be able to press a button on an FMR slide so that I can add a PNG file showing what dropdown happens when they press that button but keep the FMR from the previous slide running where it left off.

The goal is to show how long someone has been on the call while being able to show some of the options agents can press while on calls.

The only way I can think of to do it is to just have the FMR start over on the next slide when they press the button however that starts the call timer over from :01.

Any ideas?

Using Windows Captivate 2019

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You really have very little control over a FMR slide. I tend to replace them all by Video Demo slices. In that case you have a synchronized video slide which offers lot more control., since you can use the Video Demo editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can an FMR continue playing where it left off on the next slide?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a FMR playing on a slide then when a button is pressed have the video continue playing where it was but add an image over top?

I am creating a software simulator for call center software and it shows how long the agent has been on a call. I want to be able to press a button on an FMR slide so that I can add a PNG file showing what dropdown happens when they press that button but keep the FMR from the previous slide running where it left off.

The goal is to show how long someone has been on the call while being able to show some of the options agents can press while on calls.

The only way I can think of to do it is to just have the FMR start over on the next slide when they press the button however that starts the call timer over from :01.

Any ideas?

Using Windows Captivate 2019

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

You really have very little control over a FMR slide. I tend to replace them all by Video Demo slices. In that case you have a synchronized video slide which offers lot more control., since you can use the Video Demo editor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0