• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Captivate be used for that kind of Quizzes ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

The question is simple... Can Captivate be used to create a quiz like this one ?

https://mega.nz/#!EkVVGKBC!xyePshqqzXVqBsrjFHQ857dIQis1ykE5Zgo3XcK2K3k

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't like to download from unknown sources. Could you please explain which type of quiz you want, or maybe ebmed a link to a published file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT is really not easy to explain if you are so reluctant to download....

Here is a Youtube video of the quiz that I have put in the above link.... Maybe you will consider Youtube as a reliable source...

CCDE Preparation Online Session 4 - YouTube

The quiz starts at 4:17.

To make a long story short, it has :

- text information available through the entire quiz as a floating window

- text information as emails poping up after answering some specific questions and they remain available until the end of the quiz

- checkbox grid/table question types

- diagram interactive (drag and drop symbols and create links between the symbols) question types

- branching quiz capabilities

- scoring at the end of the exam

Really it's much easier if you just see it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my right, I am just a user, to protect myself. Moreover the download was a SWF-file. I watched bart of that Youtube video, very boring. Do you really label this as eLearning?

As for your questions:

1. You can have a button to pop up more information on quiz slides. I have blogged about that many years ago. You'll need to use a shape button and the popup will need a shared action. You didn't tell if you want a responsive project. For a responsive project, created with Fluid Boxes, I would use a multistate object for the popup. The popup will not be 'floating' in the sense I see that term, but it can have audio, images, text...
  2. No automatic mails, but automic warnings is not a problem. Mails in a LMS or webbrowser always need an interaction of the learner. You don't even know if the learner has set up a mail client, nor which mail client.
  3. You can create custom questions with the checkboxes learneing interactions. Have examples on my blog. You didn't sepcifiy if you want multiple attempts on question level, nor if you want a Review/Retake possibility.
  4. Branching is not a problem with Captivate, but you have to explain what you mean by 'braniching quiz capabilities' to give you a more detailed answer.
  5. Scoring of course, do you want to transfer it to a LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri  a écrit

It is my right, I am just a user, to protect myself. Moreover the download was a SWF-file. I watched bart of that Youtube video, very boring. Do you really label this as eLearning?

Dont get offended. I really dont have a problem with you not wanting to download the swf file. I am just saying that since this is hard to explain, it's easier to just see the quiz... otherwise I would have not bothered uploading it on mega and adding the link to my initial message. As for the quality of the instructor on the Youtube video, I think this is totally off topic ... The only thing that matters is the flash-based quiz....

1- By floating I meant a child popup window that can be moved around and closed and opened (by clicking the button obviously).

2- By "email" I also meant a hild popup window (containing an email text, as showed in the youtube video at 5:06). So it really has nothing to do with REAL emails.

3- The checkbox grid/table are visible at 17:00 in the video ...

4- Branching is a common term in the quiz world.... it means that you have different questions depending on the answer of your previous question. Meaning if at question 1 you answered A then you go to question 2a and if at question 1 you answered B, you go to question 2b...

5- I dont want to transfer anything to LMS. As my website will be an LMS website... I just want the scoring to be taken into account and displayed at the end of the quiz.

Additionnal info: the quiz wil be exported as swf file and embeded in a page in the membership side of my website.

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate has no 'floating windows'. It has an option in Quiz Preferences, called 'Branch aware', which is what you'll need fot the quiz..

I will leave you to some other users but I am very much worried about the fact that you want to embed a swf, whereas most browsers start to avoid installing the Flash Player plugin and Adobe has announced EOL for it at the end of next year. Since about 2 years I only publish to HTML5, not to Flash anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well flash is the only tool I know to build "sophisticated" quizzes for website...

I guess another alternative is Java...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you were somewhere lost on an island? Discussion about Flash player is going on since about 2 years.

You probably mean JavaScript? Captivate has the possibility to publish to HTML5, and can also use embedded or external JS files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My job is absolutely not related to Flash... So I belong to the people who did not get the Flash EOL info... And I am sure there are plenty of other people like me... And I meant Java as in Java applet , not Javascript.

It's good to know that Captivate handles HTML5. But at this point, I still do not know if with Captivate I can create checkbox grid questions and interactive diagrams questions...

If someone out there can answer my questions, I would highly appreciate it.... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already answered Yes to those questions, but those are no normal SCORM type of questions, you will have to create custom questions. With advanced/shared actions, variables and JavaScript the sky is the limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources