• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Captivate do this? - Sharing Variables

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a platform that allows me to have students learn about building a business plan.  As they learn they will answer questions.  Those answers will then be compiled into a business plan at the end of all the lessons.  I just started trying Captivate.  Can this be done?  It's looking like it can't, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something?

The only thing I can see is if I store the informaiton in variables, but it doesn't seem that it's easy to share across multiple projects.  It would be HUGE to put into one project.  Any suggestions would be very apperciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exchange of variable values is possible using Local Storage, but that means only when the learner is accessing the courses using the same system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me ask this, we utilize Moodle, can the variables be stored in Moodle and used between multiple projects? Storing the data in the the Moodle database and pull it when needed? 

So here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am designing a new Employee Onboarding course. The learners will create a character for the project, completing tasks where they receive experience points, leveling thier character. This onboarding course is a year long course with microlearning, each projects covers a specific topic. I want thier characters data, look and level, to be shared across the projects. But since our employees are spread across multiple office locations and could theoretically be using several computers, storage on the local computer is problematic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources