• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can drag source be a group on drag/drop interactions?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a drag and drop interaction where the drag source is a group with a text box and image, but when I select the group and click next, I get an error that I must select at least one item to proceed. I don’t want the drag source to be just text, or just an image. Is there a workaround for this? I know this is possible in Storyline, but I’m hoping Captivate has similar functionality. I’m using Captivate 2019. Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

No, you cannot use a group as drag source. But since you mention an image and a group, why not use a shape filled with the image and to which you add the text as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot use a group as drag source. But since you mention an image and a group, why not use a shape filled with the image and to which you add the text as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea. I originally didn't have the text over the image, but I suppose I can adjust the design to make it work. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use margins to move text in shape.

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, 14:23 brandem78331078, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources