• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Get playback controls on an Interactive video?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some long Interactive videos and I would like my audience to be able to skip through them if they want but there are no playback controls like the Event videos. I know there are playback controls for the whole project but these aren't really usable for skipping through an Interactive vdieos (and it's confusing for users who aren't used to Captivate). I also know that I could add bookmarks to jump to certain points in the video but that doesn't quite work for what I want. 

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, wanted to post a link to one of my interactive videos. I use a menu to jump to bookmarks, but that is not what you want.

Slide video, and interactive video is of that type, can be controlled by Captivate. But problem with video is that you are working with very large files, which need to be loaded. To keep everything synchronized is a challenge, especially if the project will be viewed on mobile devices and with lower bandwidth.

Sorry that you don't want to use the bookmarks, which are a great way to offer more control to the learner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources