• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I hide a failure message (on 2nd try) in Drag and Drop Interaction?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Captivate 9, I have a drag and drop interaction. The user has 2 tries and I have Failure Message checked. For that failure message, I have the words "Try Again". I would like for that message to only appear on the first try. And then on the 2nd try that failure message would not appear - instead, I have an advanced interaction to show a different message and a Next button.

The problem is that failure message appears for each try. And the wording has to be the same for both tries which doesn't work here. They can't "Try Again" on their 2nd try.

Is there a way for that Try Again failure message to only appear once? I tried to hide it behind the message that appears when the user tries for the 2nd time, but it's always on top.

Thank you

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible if you are publishing to HTML5. I'm actually working out the code to make it happen dynamically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that's great. Would you be able to share? And it doesn't work when published to SWF/HTML?

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it will only work for HTML5.

What do you have your tries limit set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you made the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread from about three years ago.  If you are having some issue, please log a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a variable in the Failure message, and change its value based on the attempt.

Have something similar in a use case, explained in this post:

D&D Feedback messages - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

%Thank you for the tip%%

I've never thought of putting variables in the quizzing captions.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, can be very useful! I am using that trick often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have code that runs the entire drag and drop. I would have to re-code it to make it work in a JavaScript window though. Mine runs in an external JS file.

I put custom feedback and and image to show the correct locations as catchall feedback. There are no actions on the drag and drop itself.

It has correct, incorrect, not attempted (didn't drag anything) and catchall feedback. It could have multiple incorrects based on the attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources