• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set requirements for successfully completing a software simulation?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use software simulations as the test for whether our learners have understood the training correctly. Can I configure the Reporting settings to get a pass or fail for a simulation?

If I set the Status Representation to Incomplete > Passed/Failed, it still always shows as Passed, even when the user makes errors and sees the Failure captions before clicking the correct click boxes. I was hoping I could set a limit for how many times they get it wrong before getting it right.

All I can see in the settings for Success Criteria is User Access or Slide Views, neither of which are quite what I need as they don't relate to simulations.

Is there any way to do what I want? Or any suggestions for a better way to use simulations as a test?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

hi there.

Yes this can be accomplished! First you will want to create a Assessment simulation - or just add your own click boxes.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 11.56.49 AM.png

By default Click-Boxes will stop the timeline and action will ber set to continue.

Then you can select each click-box and Deselect "Infinite Attempts" and change last attempt to jump to the next slide or play (guess it depends on things are set up)

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.20.05 PM.png

then make sure "Include in Quiz" is checked

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.20.16 PM.png

and lastly, in your Preferences set "Show Score at the End of the Quiz"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there.

Yes this can be accomplished! First you will want to create a Assessment simulation - or just add your own click boxes.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 11.56.49 AM.png

By default Click-Boxes will stop the timeline and action will ber set to continue.

Then you can select each click-box and Deselect "Infinite Attempts" and change last attempt to jump to the next slide or play (guess it depends on things are set up)

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.20.05 PM.png

then make sure "Include in Quiz" is checked

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.20.16 PM.png

and lastly, in your Preferences set "Show Score at the End of the Quiz" or I guess you can create a submit button that sends it to a specified email or posts to the LMS

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.20.39 PM.png

hope that helps!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! So glad I was able to help!

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default setting for both Training and Assessment mode will already have set up all click boxes and Text Entry boxes as being included in the Quiz, and they'll have a score. Check that out using the Advanced Interaction panel. If you don't see any score, you probably have a simulation in demo mode, and then it would need a lot of manual work.

If you have a total score, make sure Reporting is turned on for all of them. Insert a Score slide, using the Quiz Preferences and test. You will now have the possibility in the SCO to have the criteria based on the Quiz result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources