• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I specify the playback range of the slide video?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making an interactive video. When I press the button, it jumps to the specified bookmark, but it plays to the end. I want to specify the range like playback from bookmark 1 to bookmark 2 by pressing the button. Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Create an overlay content slide at the second bookmark, and use the On Enter event of that slide to 'Pause'.

I prefer having a menu (like a TOC) available and give control to the viewing person to 're'view a chapter, or restart it from its beginning.  Here an example (it is a Captivate tutorial, based on a Video Demo):

Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Sure, I also upload with FileZilla.

There are more people around here... some with specific expertise (JS, LMS...). I am around here (when I am awake of course) daily, but also in the eLearning community. Fire away.... Have a look at this (meant for starting Captivate users):

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

Each of those 3 topics have been treated in many blogs (have a list for each of them). Although my first focus has always been on advanced and shared actions. You cannot miss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not out of the box. What has to happen at bookmark 2 if this was possible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply thank you.

I want to press a button and make scenes 1, 2, 3, and so on.

If you select Jump to Bookmark for the slide video button, the bookmark will be played to the end of the video, so you cannot divide the scene. I can specify the start of playback, but can't I specify the stop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an overlay content slide at the second bookmark, and use the On Enter event of that slide to 'Pause'.

I prefer having a menu (like a TOC) available and give control to the viewing person to 're'view a chapter, or restart it from its beginning.  Here an example (it is a Captivate tutorial, based on a Video Demo):

Play/Pause button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

I'm impressed by your work.

Are you a god?

May I ask another question?
How did you paste the Play / Pause button link you gave me?
Please tell me how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Browser version of the forum you have a link symbol which allows you to add a hyperlink to an URL. All my tutorials are published in a subfolder of my domain, which acts as a webserver. The link was literally:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/PlayPause_Scal/index.html

Each published Captivate course (to HTML) is like a website. Once it is uploaded to a webserver you only need to send the link to anyone.

I am just a crazy Captivate freak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see!
After all you are my god!
Although I'm a video creator, I'm a captivate beginner, so I was saved a lot. I also want to be a captivate freak like you.
I'm going to try FileZilla from now on.
I'm really thankful to you!
I was impressed with your actions!
In the future, I think there will be things that I don't understand. Can I ask a question again at that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I also upload with FileZilla.

There are more people around here... some with specific expertise (JS, LMS...). I am around here (when I am awake of course) daily, but also in the eLearning community. Fire away.... Have a look at this (meant for starting Captivate users):

http://blog.lilybiri.com/challenges-for-starters

Each of those 3 topics have been treated in many blogs (have a list for each of them). Although my first focus has always been on advanced and shared actions. You cannot miss them 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really thankful to you!
Thanks to you, two big big problems have been solved.
Also, I would like to study while reading the blog.
Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Is it possible to mark one or a couple of answers (since you asked several questions) as being correct? That will help other users looking for a similar solution, and sort of 'closes'  the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources