Highlighted

Can I use characters from Captivate in my Power Points?

New Here ,
May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating training material and would hate to buy stock photo's if characters are included with Captivate. However I'd like my PowerPoint themes to be consistent with eLearning modules. Is there a way to use characters from Captivate in PPT?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I use characters from Captivate in my Power Points?

New Here ,
May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating training material and would hate to buy stock photo's if characters are included with Captivate. However I'd like my PowerPoint themes to be consistent with eLearning modules. Is there a way to use characters from Captivate in PPT?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is yes you can export the images out of Captivate and bring them into power point but the question is are you licensed to do so.. Any one from Adobe answer this one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not suggesting or condoning breaking licenses, but I'm not sure how anyone would be able to trace that if it were done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2018 0
Advocate ,
May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That being said, myself, along with many others just on this forum have been long time users of Captivate long enough to recognize those characters. I am not condoning the misuse either but personally, if I saw the PowerPoint, I would be like "Oh hey, I recognize those guys!" and that would probably be the end of it.

But it only takes one person who sees and wants to dig further and cause problems to bring it all down.

It would only take verification by eLearning Brothers on whether or not you or your organization had a current account with access to the content to decide that case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it's always best just to go to the source...

DD9504C0-71DC-4C5D-BC00-4D189CB4CED0.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2018 0