Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer paste slides between projects without massive glitches

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am currently editing some old Captivate training files which were screen-capture simulations-type training.

I have to add new slides of screen recording into an old project, where the screen have changed in some places.

This used to work - I would click 'Record a New>Software Simulation' and then record the new slides which would be created in a new project on another tab. Then I would go into that project tab, copy the new slides and bring them into my old project.

Now when I do this I get a mostly blank slide, with a few strange oblongs of background, and the interactions haven't copied across.

In general I find with Captivate, it saves some of the information about the slide to a completely inaccessible place - it's not a background, it's not an image, so you can't find it in the Libary, it's just some random oblongs which it has decided to save somewhere in between everything and it will decide whether or not it wants to show them.

Could someone recommend a tip for just making this copy/paste function work properly?

This program is becoming increasingly unusable and frustrating as time goes by the amount of glitches in it are honestly ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't mention how 'old' are those projects. I suspect incompatibility between the present version and those old ones. Software simulation slides use the Blank master slide in each theme, but the rest of the theme components have been changed a lot. It is like putting an engine of an old car in a new car.

Can you open the old files in your present version? If yes, start by updating the theme to the present version, and saving the project in the new version. Check if everything is OK.  Be sure to use exactly the same theme for the new projects

Backgrounds of software sim slides are in the Library, but same background can be used for multiple slides.

Identify the FMR slides as well. Their background is a movie and will be found under the Media folder in the Library. They used to be SWFs in SWF output, but need now to be converted to MP4 which can be done by Captivate but if you want to be sure, you should use Video Demo slides instead of FMR slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources