• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone explain how HiDPI / Retina works in Captivate?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm unable to get images to display at retina / HiDPI quality in my projects. I've tried both the exact resolution of the project, and importing a retina image to no avail. The SVGs display nice and sharp, but my screenshots look pixelated, even though the source is sharp. The player skin also seems unable to be viewed in retina quality. Would appreciate any insight into this. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article might point you in the right direction: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/troubleshooting-capture-issues-in-high-dpi-machines.html 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Paul. However, my issue isn't capture. I capture using SnagIt and the srouce images look great. The issues is that no matter what size or quality of image I use in Captivate, the output is pixelated or blurry. The support of Retina/HiDPI is also unclear. Some of the captivate interface itself isn't retina ready, nor is the player skin. SVGs are the only thing that render sharp. Not even text renders well, which is strange. Adobe support can't even offer an explanation. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources