Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't animate objects on master slide

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm building a course that has a navigation menu that slides out from the right. I have the SmartShape that serves as the background of the menu. When I click on the shape & go to the timing tab, I noticed that the entire animation section is greyed out. This a simple blank project. I even converted it to a responsive project & had the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master slides and objects on the master slide never have a duration, reason why the Timing panel is totally irrelevant. You cannot animate objjets on the master slide for that reason, because animation always requires a timing.

In some instances an alternative is to have the objects on the first slide, timed for the rest of the project always on top. But it depends on what you mean by 'animation'....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rather than putting this on the master slide, why not create your navigation menu on the first regular slide of your course and then have it appear for the rest of the project. Take a look at this video I created that does something similar to what I think you have in mind. It was created in Captivate 9 but there is no reason something similar wouldn't work in a newer version of Captivate.

Adobe Captivate 9 - Pop Out Custom Table of Contents - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources