• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Delete Slide note in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to delete a Slide note and I can't seem to get the delete button "-" to be enabled. I have click the check box several times on/off and that doesn't help either.

delete.pngdelete2.png

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

You have to collapse the sentence using the triangle button.

TTSCollapse.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Adobe only addresses showstopper bugs.  This one probably only got flagged as an inconvenience because there are other ways to manage the problem.

In my experience the best place to manage and edit Slide Notes is NOT from the Speech Management dialog or the Caption and Slide Notes dialog reached from the Slide Audio dialog.

Try deleting the line items from the Slide Notes dialog that you call up from the Window > Slide Notes menu.

Does it work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to collapse the sentence using the triangle button.

TTSCollapse.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and collapsing the sentence does not appear to help with removing Slide Notes. It works for the Text-to-Speech, but not Slide Notes. Reference first image.

2020-04-13_9-10-32.png

I copied some slides from a related lesson in Captivate into this new lesson. I can manually delete the Slide Notes from the Slide Accessibility and Slide Audio / Closed Cpationing / Slide Notes, but the Remove icon is disabled regardless of whether the sentence is collapsed. Manually deleting the text leaves a bunch of empty lines in the Slide Notes. Reference photos two and three.  

2020-04-13_9-38-49.png2020-04-13_9-51-28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue and tried the same things. Has a solution been found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Has this not been addressed in a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only addresses showstopper bugs.  This one probably only got flagged as an inconvenience because there are other ways to manage the problem.

In my experience the best place to manage and edit Slide Notes is NOT from the Speech Management dialog or the Caption and Slide Notes dialog reached from the Slide Audio dialog.

Try deleting the line items from the Slide Notes dialog that you call up from the Window > Slide Notes menu.

Does it work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THAT WORKED! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources