Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag grouped objects CP8

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm using Captivate 8 and I tried to create a drag and drop interaction with inserted images grouped with text captions.

But when creating it in the wizard it seems I can't choose the whole group as one drag object. So in preview when I drag the image, the text caption doesn't follow.

How do I fix this issue or is it even possible to drag grouped objects in CP8?

Thanks in advance for help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Groups cannot be used as drag&drop object. Same with interactive objects. You should have looked a the help documentation,.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Groups cannot be used as drag&drop object. Same with interactive objects. You should have looked a the help documentation,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something Captivate could address and change.  Hopefully they will.  I would like to be able to drag and drop grouped items.  Instead, I have to use another prpgram to merge/embedd the items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want any chance of seeing some enhancement, you should log a request for it.  Hoping Adobe will do something because they see you mention it on the forum here is very wishful thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources