• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit AdobeCaptivate.ini file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the newest version of Captivate on my new Zenbook and when I tired to record a demo, I got this message:  "Capture is disallowed since High-Density display was detected. Please Set DpiAwareness =1 in AdobeCaptivate.ini and restart the application"

So I found the file, opened it in Notebook and edited it. But when I tried to save, I got this message: After saying Yes, I did want to replace the file, the error message said that Access is denied.

What do I do next?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Try copying the file, pasting it to the desktop. Open it up and edit it, save it, then drag it back into the Adobe Captivate 9 x64 folder. It'll ask you for Admin credentials to change the file, enter your creds, and that should work.

-Jord

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Administrator account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am the administrator of this machine. Thanks for reminding me that I have to "run [Captivate] as administrator," but I don't think that would affect this operation as I am trying to save the new version of the ini file while the program is not running.

This may be a trial version....I own a version but it seems the only way I can get it is to download a trial version, then add my product number to it....but it's not saying that I'm using a trail version, so I think it registered me when I signed in to my Adobe account. Would it make a difference if it IS a trial version, currently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work flow when replacing system files for CP is to make a copy of the original file, edit it with Notepad (no formatting is allowed). Then I will rename the old file, while Captivate is closed, and paste the new file. There will be a warning that you need to be administrator but the dialog box has a Continue button, that will allow the paste action.

I don't think it matters if this is trial or not. If you have a full license you should have entered the license number, if you are on subscription signing in with your Adobe ID is sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing any Adobe process, particularly Captivate - a process may have the file locked from editing. Alternatively, look to see the the file hasn't been somehow set to Read-only (right-click on it, select Properties, the Read-only box is towards the bottom, if it's checked then un-check it).

I got the error about Access Denied as well even after doing the above when I tried to edit mine, but funnily enough it let me change the file regardless. Close the file and re-open it and check to see if it didn't actually take your change. 

-Jord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers, and here's where I am now. I closed all Adobe processes. I checked the file properties and it isn't read only. I have a subscription, so hopefully, I'm logged in and validated. I tried saving as another name and found out I couldn't even do that. Adobe Captivate 9 x64 folder was read-only. So I fixed that and then found out the whole Adobe folder was read only. And it won't let me change it. It seems to, but when I check again, it's still read-only.  I really need to use this program!!  Any ideas going forward? Why can you guys do it and I can't? There must be an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying the file, pasting it to the desktop. Open it up and edit it, save it, then drag it back into the Adobe Captivate 9 x64 folder. It'll ask you for Admin credentials to change the file, enter your creds, and that should work.

-Jord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I tried to explain as well: make a copy of that ini file in a location where you can edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right too! But I can't mark you both right. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!! It worked! You guys (or gals?) are GREAT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK,  I know this thread is pretty old,  but I am getting the same Set DpiAwareness =1 in AdobeCaptivate.ini and restart the application" in Captivate 2019. I am Not able to locate the AdobeCaptivate.ini file to even get started with any of these suggested remedies. It doesn't appear in my file list under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64  Is it in a subfolder perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it is not in a subfolder. It is immediately below AdobeCaptivate.exe:

ini.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources