• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find an executable file after publishing a responsive project

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a responsive project and published it as HTML5 (my only option) to my hard drive.  After publishing, a popup allows me to choose to view the output.  Everything looks great when I do so.  As soon as I close the file (or if I choose to publish and do not view the output), I cannot find an executable project file anywhere in all of the folders created when publishing the project.

I have tried zipping when publishing and not zipping.  I have the most recent updates after getting the same results from the previous one.  I chatted with Adobe Captivate with no answer other than to start over with on a non-responsive project.  When I asked where the executable was for the responsive file was, I was told it was a .index file. I do not have one of those.

I am a novice Captivate user and spent about 40 hours on this project.  I really don't want to start over.  Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Here is a screenshot of a responsive project with Fluid Boxes, after publishing:

FBProject.png

Can you post a screenshot of the folder you see after publishing?

BTW: a responsive project has always the unique option to publish to HTML. Mobile devices do not support SWF output since years, and soon this will also be the case for desktopbrowsers.

You didin't tell if you created a SCO, a project that is used to transfer data to a LMS? The simple project above was not a SCO. For a SCO you'll have to look for index_s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of a responsive project with Fluid Boxes, after publishing:

FBProject.png

Can you post a screenshot of the folder you see after publishing?

BTW: a responsive project has always the unique option to publish to HTML. Mobile devices do not support SWF output since years, and soon this will also be the case for desktopbrowsers.

You didin't tell if you created a SCO, a project that is used to transfer data to a LMS? The simple project above was not a SCO. For a SCO you'll have to look for index_scorm.html. Moreover you'll have a lot more files.

A published Captivate course is like a web site, it has to 'exe' file at all, but is launched from the index.html file (or the scorm equivalent).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  After updating Captivate, I published again and saw the same files.  I just tried to open the index.html and it worked.  Before updating, when I opened that file I got nothing but a blank page.

Thank you again!

Vone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do not add personal credentials (I deleted them). This is a public forum, you don't want spam or stalkers I presume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources