• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Navigate Visited Slides using TOC

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on some older courses, I probably developed them in Captivate 8.  They have a quiz in them that is an assessment before the course content is presented so it's at the very beginning. I've done some edits and now when I publish, regardless of my Project > Table of Contents > Settings checkboxes, clicking on a slide in the TOC area doesn't do anything.

Thank you in advance, wondering if anyone has seen this or can propose a solution.

E

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention I'm using Captivate 9, publishing as HTML 5.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Quiz Preferences?  Do you allow Backwards movement, and what is the setting for the Required field?

BTW Can you check the full version number? Should be 9.0.2.437.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Quiz preferences Required field is  "Answer All ..."

My Review Mode Navigation buttons are checked, so Back and Skip are enabled. 

What's curious is that I have about 2 dozen other courses with the exact same settings and functionality that all work fine, as expected.  I have 4 older courses, which were the very first ones I ever did in Captivate 8, where this TOC functionality is broken.

How can I tell my exact version of Captivate?  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops Sorry!  My full version num is 9.0.0.223

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still on the first version which was pretty buggy. Please upate ASAP.

Some misunderstanding as well: The Review buttons are not ths same anumore as the Skip and Back buttons, they only appear during Review mode to allow navigation. 

Please, change the Required setting to 'Optional', there are other ways to force answering all questions? The default setup doesn't allow to continue unless an answer has been given.

Check in Quiz Preferences if 'Allow Backward Movement is chekcede, that has nothing to do with Review buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try resetting your TOC using the little button near the bottom of the TOC Editor in the Skin Editor.  It could be that in performing your edits you have now caused the TOC to lose its place and it needs to be reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your suggestions.  Unfortunately, after upgrading, trying your suggestions plus many other techniques, the only solution I've been able to successfully implement is to completely delete the quiz, and insert a new one, and save as a new course.

I've tried copying quiz slides from the original course to the fresh copy but this also causes the same issue.  So, worst case is I have to redo the quiz question slides.  Of course I can't copy and paste the group of answers - which originally required formatting, spacing, etc, for each question, unless there's a way to do this I'm missing.

Again, appreciate your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one last tip: never copy/paste quiz slides.

About the formatting: make sure all object styles ae as you want them. Go into the Quizzing master slides which you use and increase the height of the answer area as much as possible. Too bad, there is no way to increase the height of the individual answers on the master slide, that still has to be done on each individual quiz slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm the original poster.  Sorry for any confusion for multiple screen names - I have two email addresses and I sometimes am logged in on my other account.

Anyway, I solved this problem -- I had an errant "Lock TOC" in an Action.  I'm trying to remember why I had used it in the first place, but I had just switched to Captivate from Flash - chalk it up to my early experience.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources