Highlighted

Can't publish/preview my project to HTML5 browser (Captivate 10.0.1.285)

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help me!!! I cant publish or preview my project to html5(chrome). How to fix it????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't publish/preview my project to HTML5 browser (Captivate 10.0.1.285)

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help me!!! I cant publish or preview my project to html5(chrome). How to fix it????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you run Captivate As Admininstrator? Can you check the paths in Preferences, General settings: are they pointing to paths on your system, not on a networked or external drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was run that as Administrator and still not worked and what I must change it in preferences>general settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and another project still can published/previewed on my chrome browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paths are pointing to your User profile, but is it a roaming profile?

Try to clear the Preferences. Close Captivate, look for the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder of Captivate and run the file 'CleanPreferencesWin.bat'. Restart Captivate and try to publish again.

Publishing has nothing to do with the default browser BTW.

I would recommend to turn on the option to create a backup in the Preferences as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not understand, what did you mean about roaming profile??

"Try to clear the Preferences. Close Captivate, look for the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder of Captivate and run the file 'CleanPreferencesWin.bat'. Restart Captivate and try to publish again."

Btw, i do that but still not working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From wikipedia: "A roaming user profile is a concept in the Windows NT family of operating systems that allows users with a computer joined to a Windows Server domain to log on to any computer on the same network and access their documents and have a consistent desktop experience, such as applications remembering toolbar positions and preferences, or the desktop appearance staying the same." If you are working in a company it is possible that you have such a profile.

Summarizeing:

• You have deleted the folder ....\Layouts\10_0\en_US in your profile
  • You have run the CleanPreferences file
  • You do Run Captivate as Admininstrator.
  • You are on 10.0.1.285

The error message is about a theme. Which theme do you use? If this is an edited or a custom theme, was the theme created in this version of Captivate or in a previous version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines