• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the submit button on a Knowledge check slide trigger other events?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm using the most current Captivate (11.5) on Windows 10. My client wants a "replay" button to trigger if the user answers a Knowledge check incorrectly. Right now I have the "Replay Slide" button on the slide, and it's set to "Jump To" the relevant slide if clicked. It's currently on the slide all the time. I noticed that "On Success" for the slide I can execute Javascript, but I'm a novice in this area. Is there a way to program commands so that depending on whether the user answered right or wrong, different things happen? If they answer right, they can continue, but if they answer wrong the "Replay Slide" button appears so they can go back and review the content. Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to use JavaScript just to have something different happen depending on whether the user answers correctly or incorrectly.

The On Success event can be used to execute a Continue action to take the user to the next slide (or Jump to a specific slide).  The On Last Attempt event can execute a different action if the user has answered incorrectly and used up all allowed attempts.  If you have a button on the slide that is hidden, then this 'fail' event could be used to SHOW the button so that the learner can jump to a specific content slide.  

Is that more or less what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Rod's explanation, in the default setup of Knowledge Check slides, the attempts are 'Infinite', which means that you don't have a Last Attempt action. You can edit the number of attempts. If you set it to 1, you do have a Last Attempt action which you can use as Rod explains. There is no real 'Failure' event to be used, only for the last attempt.

Differences between normal Quiz slides and Knowledge Check slides, find some clarification in this older post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/knowledge-check-slides-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both! That definitely gets me pointed in the right direction, I'll do some testing and see how it goes, I'll comment back here if I run into snags. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources