Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can video be inserted into an overlay?

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering if video can be inserted into an overlay instead of a graphic or a quiz?  If so, how? 

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell about which type of project you are talking? Sorry about that question but I see so much wrong terminology daily on this forum.

To me an Overlay is a slide with a special status in an Interactive Video. Depending on your version (please add the full version number, which you find under Help, About Captivate) you can use almost everything what is in a normal slide, with the exception of Quiz slides. Only Knowledge Check slides are possible as Overlay. Maybe you understand why I asked my question? You could be talking about something completely different.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-interactive-video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Lilybiri.  I have not actually used Captivate yet.  I am researching its capabilities.  A project I have planned has the following requirements:

• A video background with clickable animated cue points (small graphics overlaying the video that can be clicked to open an overlay)
  • Some overlays will contain videos related to the cue point that were clicked.

Vyond (https://www.vyond.com/resources/interactive-video-examples/) has something similar to what is described above.  I would like to know if Captivate has the same capabilities.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would most likely, use the most up to date version of Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive video. The overlays can have video. However they are not clickable, they will appear at the video frame where they are scheduled. Lot is possible, here is a link to an interactive video which I published in the community:

Custom Play/Pause button

Interactive video has not all the interactivity which is possible in a full interactive course. I tried to explain the differences in this basic blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactivity-in-captivate-back-to-basics

You can find multiple examples in my blog, you have the link now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources